Formal course description
Examines the use of computer applications to manage, analyze, and disseminate information, improve worker productivity and achieve agency mission. Attention is given to improving students’ technical acumen and to important public/nonprofit sector IT issues.
You’ll learn about…
– work tools & tech (internet, devices, applications, data)
– how nonprofit organizations and governments use these tools, and
– how these tools let us change how we work.
– experiment with collaborative tools,
– write and present on a course-related topic you choose,
– record and edit an interview, and
– report on tech use at an organization.
I want this course to change how you:
– Communicate ideas,
– Cultivate connections, and
– Collaborate with colleagues.