Conduct, record and edit a video interview of a classmate to understand their perspective on technology.
The final, edited interview must be between 3 and 5 minutes long (no less than 3, no more than 5). You are required to add a title that displays the class and interview subject’s name, as well as credits at the end that include your name.
You’ll be graded on the following three items:
- Interview quality (conversational questions; without constantly referring to notes) – 7 points
- Video/audio quality – 4 points
- Title, editing, and credits – 4 points
Record and edit the interview using any video tools you wish (for example, http://youtube.com/my_webcam or YouTube’s Capture app). Post the link to the video to Slack.
The final video must include the subject’s answers to the following questions. I encourage you to seek responses to other questions, of course, but these are absolutely required. Note: please don’t ask the question exactly as phrased; just make sure these questions are clearly answered in the interview:
- Name of the interviewee
- Person’s history with technology
- Person’s attitudes toward technology
- Interesting thing(s) accomplished with technology
- What does the person find most interesting (or frustrating)
- How does the person learn new tools best?