Visit, document, and understand how people at an organization use technology.
You propose the organization you want to profile, but you’ll need me to approve it.
You’ll do a site visit and document core aspects of the organizations technology:
- internet / network connections,
- general profile of devices in use (network, server, laptops, mobile, other?),
- important applications, unusual applications, mobile applications,
- data (storage, security, databases)
- challenges with using, deploying, or adopting tech?
- your reaction to what you learned
You’ll use Quip for this project: use it to document your visit, then write-up your findings. With the permission of your host, include relevant photos that document the organization’s technology use.
You’ll be graded on the following:
- Quality of your visit documentation: does it cover the required points listed above? (15 points)
- Clarity, conciseness and technical accuracy of your written profile of the agency’s technology (5 points)
- Effective use of Quip to document technology use with both text and images (5 points)